Kingsway Academy is on the campus of King’s University College at Western University, located in London, Ontario. London is the 11th largest city in Canada with a population of 400 thousand people and two hours’ drive from Toronto. London is known as the “Forest City”, with more than 200 gardens creating background of nature. London is also widely recognized as an education center with King’s University College, Western University and Fanshawe College. Each year, thousands of young students make London home. A safe and affordable city, London is filled with bars, restaurants, and coffee houses making it bustling with youthful vitality.
Kingsway Academy is an international boarding High School located on campus of a prestigious Canadian university, King’s University College at Western University (commonly reference to as, King’s). Different from regular high schools, Kingsway Academy has a vision in action that emphasizes on university integration education to international students. Kingsway Academy recruits students who have completed middle school study equivalent to Canadian Grade 9. Having achieved good academic performance students to continue Grade 10-12 studies at Kingsway Academy. Kingsway Academy enables graduates to gain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) as well as supporting achievements as below:
• Fluency in English, no obstacle in oral communication, reading and writing skills closer to native students of the same ages.
• Acquisition of academic knowledge and English competency with Grade 10-12 courses of study.
• Grasp of various skills necessary for successfully studying in elite Canadian universities, including skills in utilizing library resources, group study/assignments, and project cooperation, and an improvement of public speaking and critical thinking while completion of the specially designed courses of Kingsway Academy.
• Through university campus life and various activities arranged by Kingsway Academy, our students will make friends with local students studying at King’s with similar academic goals;
In addition, Kingsway students will establish relationships with university students coming from their mother country with similar targeted major study. Through targeted arrangement, Kingsway students will build their own network to adapt to future learning and life in a Canadian university.
• Being in a university setting allows for students to blend into Canadian culture, all the while forming independent personal skills and self reliance-abilities, step by step through joining in various activities held by student groups or King’s International Office. The students soon come to feel more independent, more confident about themselves and leadership in Canadian society.
King's University College at Western University
Ontario Tech University
UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR
Mount Saint Vincent University
University of Prince Edward Island
New Brunswick Community College
University of Canada West